Thursday, September 24, 2009

Walking the Walk, Talking the Talk

"Why don't you climb up here and I'll show you how to drive this thing?"
-a guy on a huge excavator near the old Ukrops renovation on Grace Street.
No thanks, sir, I'm not sure the construction company or VCU would approve of that.

"Where were you yesterday? I was sitting on my porch and you never came by!"
-a guy on a bike who stopped me and maybe, kind of looked slightly familiar? And, yes, I did walk yesterday, but no one said I have to take the same route every day, now did they?

"My day is complete now! Good morning."
-a guy restoring a house on Grace Street, usually hungover and always coughing up a lung. I've also heard him talking to his tools as he works and listening to bad classic rock (Styx anyone?).

I walk. They talk. Big wheel keep on turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment