Wednesday, September 9, 2009

If I Be Your Model, Will You Behave?

I start my day by walking 3 to 4 miles, usually down scenic Grace Street. As you might imagine, that means I have a certain level of familiarity with a colorful cast of Grace Street characters. When people see you most every day, they presume a level of intimacy that doesn't actually exist. As long as they keep their comments fairly inoffensive, I accept their compliments, answer their questions or just say good morning. I've even had my picture taken at 8:00 in the morning on Grace Street.


One of my regulars works for VCU and has been chatting me up for months now, having introduced himself, told me a bit about his background and interests and generally starting up a pleasant enough conversation when I see him. My friends will know him as "Pink Floyd poster guy" because that was too good a story not to share. The latest development is that PFPG is apparently an artist when he's not working for VCU and he wants me to model for him so he can paint me. I know, flattering, right? Or is it a tad sketchy? I can't decide and I don't want to agree to it and then back out, so I'm trying to decide what the worst case scenario would be.

It's an experience I've never had, so right there it has appeal for me. And it might be kind of cool to have a painting of myself by a local artist. Am I reaching here?

No comments:

Post a Comment