Saturday, September 26, 2009

It Begins with an Innocent Question

"Would you like to meet for breakfast?"

He suggested 10 a.m.; I countered with 11.

He was punctual, as is his habit.


He told me to choose the place since he'd picked our last eating destination.

I chose 821.

He countered with McLean's.

It's my turn, so we walked to 821.


I ordered...drum roll... black bean nachos.

He got a crab omelet with bacon and coffee.

He reluctantly admitted that the food was good.

I got my nacho fix.

He whined a little more about McLean's.

We disagreed about music, as usual (please...he loves Boston. Enough said).

He explained the difference in sleeping with someone and sleeping with someone.

Right.

Are you getting a sense of just how much we have to base an interesting friendship on?

If so, please clue me in.

2 comments:

  1. For the record...

    I'd be happy to dine with the PBR swilling, flannel shirt wearing, unshaven and unbathed masses in one of Richmonds favorite "munchie" spots, but as I have said, if I want to eat in a closet and die of smoke inhalation - I have the means to do so in the privacy of my own home. Er. Basement...
    McLeans offers more character - it just isn't the backdrop for an indie rock video, so I'm not suprised you wouldn't be interested in dining there.
    You'd like to think I said I love Boston. It would be too convenient. I believe in comparison to Journey and Foriegner I picked Boston. Simple as that.
    Consider my "whining" as perhaps an opinion on a restaurant/restaurants. You've dedicated a website to such meanderings. I haven't.
    Clarification between sleeping next to someone and having "relations" with someone only became necessary after a constant barrage of teasing and inuendo. It's ok honey - my heart belongs to you.
    Let's skip the friendship.
    I'm ready for the honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you didn't want a constant barrage of teasing and innuendo, what are you wasting time breakfasting with someone like me for?

    Fortunately for you, I might be able to fit in a honeymoon in between indie art shows and concerts.

    I hope you're the romantic sort.

    ReplyDelete