Friday, September 4, 2009

It's How I'll Know. It's Where I'll Go

So here's the other problem with writing a blog: people actually read it and then are able to throw things you write back in your face. What's interesting is how far back they read and how much they ultimately discover about you...not that it isn't all out there and up for grabs if you blog in the first place. I have to assume that one wouldn't read it unless they found it interesting or are stalking me, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Since I'm part of the group, I started early with the Richmond Women's Collective gathering in the courtyard at Adams. The bands were still setting up, but I met several out-of-town artists and ran into the delightful Elliott (he of the superior oatmeal preparation) who lives in one of those courtyard apartments and offered me any number of libations: wine, beer, vodka. Next up I met a friend (with the cutest new shoes on!) at home to catch up over a bottle of al Bacio Erbaluce di Caluso and was gratified that she put her wine geek stamp of approval on my choice. We eventually made it to ADA, Ghostprint, Visual Arts and Gallery 5 as well as an ad-hoc gallery devoted to art of the health care debate (talk about topical!).

By then the wine was affecting my friend, who had been too busy working to eat all day (some of us had not worked and eaten plenty), so we naturally headed to the Belvidere at Broad so she could experience what I already knew I liked. The smoked salmon was superior, so good, in fact, that she felt compelled to ask about its preparation. I just ate, but then I'm not the gourmand that she is.

She followed that with a Gouda bacon burger she deemed delicious (my bite was terrific) and I moved right on to the dark chocolate brownie, since I had yet to experience dessert there, despite repeated visits. When offered, I even accepted additional chocolate sauce and enjoyed every chocolate -coated bite.

Bottom line: yet another excellent meal at the B at B. Another customer (and gallery owner) challenged me on my regular status, but since it was only his third visit and my fourth, his devotion paled in comparison. As for the bartender, I think it's safe to say that for those who seek out a bartender to give them a hard time, he knows what he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment