Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Words Came Just Like a Hard Rain

The week had begun with a whirlwind of activity, so I purposely under-scheduled last evening so I could have a respite before everything that I have going on this weekend.

Naturally, it turned out completely differently than expected, which is always great fun.

Theater Goddess friend and I began at Six Burner; this is the week they've devoted to introducing new chef Phillip Denny and new manager David Martin to the public.

Since I've already enjoyed drinks and conversation with both, it wasn't so much meeting them as once again enjoying the fruits of their labor.

Actually, it was Boys' Night at 6B, with Dave, T and Josh working the place and each offers a different kind of conversational pleasure.

I hadn't talked to Josh since he'd seen "It Might Get Loud" and been to the U2 show, so that had to be addressed immediately.

Dave told me they'd been talking about me just the night before (my absence, no doubt).

T recommended an excellent wine and we drank at least our fair share.

Theater Goddess had never tasted pork belly and I couldn't let that unfortunate situation go on for another minute.

The irony was that she had to be home at a reasonable hour because her loving boyfriend was making her Beanie Weenies for dinner.

You read right; not many people start with pork belly and move on to beanie weenies...now that's eating from all over the pig.

I'd planned to attend the opening of Matthew Damien Ritchie's show at Cafe Guttenburg, so I stopped by the house to walk the dog, not sure how late I'd be out.

Neighbor was porch sitting, so I waved hello, we started chatting and since the temperature was dropping, we moved the conversation into my apartment.

Hours later, the opening was over and I'd missed it completely.

On the plus side, I had company when I finally got around to walking the dog much, much later.

Now I just need to get down there and see the Ritchie show I missed.

I'll let you know how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment