Monday, October 12, 2009

Feed Me!

My favorite English teacher rescheduled our lunch date first thing this morning, which conveniently left me free to accept my neighbor's offer to make me lunch today.

He'd invited me last night as I was out walking the dog around 1130; I'd had to decline because of my pre-existing plans.

Serendipitously, now I was free, let him know that, and within minutes got an e-vite for "Monday Luncheon: Superb Viands of My Own Preparation. Noon."

How could I resist such an invitation?

His first question on arrival was if I liked bacon; I told him not to make me laugh.

The result was that we started with crackle-fried chicken skin, rendered until crispy and covered in salt.

Bliss.

Next up was a homemade minestrone stoup, thick and chunky with veggie goodness and ideal on the first day cool enough that I had to resort to wearing pants for my daily walk.

To balance all those healthy vegetables, he had also prepared some grilled meats: pig and cow, accompanied by mustards.

It was quite the delicious three-hour lunch and I still have plans with English teacher to look forward to later this week.

It's early in the week, but it's looking like my lunch luck is already rating an A+.

3 comments:

  1. I bet he's trying to score points with you, guys don't cook for girls unless there interested in getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your English teacher friend should get a pass on all the grief you're undoubtedly pushing his way for rescheduling at the last minute.

    I mean, that's what I'd say. But what do I know? I just take pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he got a pass. And a rack.
    Besides,he wouldn't know what to do with me if I didn't give him grief.

    ReplyDelete