Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Winning Winemaker Words

I'm always pleasantly surprised when I meet someone once and they remember me on our second meeting.

But I'm dumbfounded when I meet someone once and they don't just remember me, they write me a lovely e-mail a few weeks later, referencing the evening we met, sharing information and anticipating our next meeting.

Such was the case when I just received an e-mail from Jean Francois Coquard of Tenuta Mazzolino, the winemaker I'd met at Enoteca Sogno's wine dinner back at the beginning of the month.

I'd enjoyed his company at dinner (being the only single diner) and his wines were a delightful discovery for me, so naturally I'd blogged the occasion.

He was full of appreciation for the attention, notably, he wrote, because I'd done it in such a "personal and friendly" way.

Actually, I think personal and friendly just happens to be my style, but still, it was a gracious compliment, among others.

He was most excited about today's degorgement of their new Mazzolino Brut Rose, a sparkling rose made with Pinot Noir, after 18 months in bottles.

I was most excited to be promised details of his Asian trip and his sincere hope that we would dine again when he returns to Richmond.

I can only hope to make such a good first impression with any interesting man I meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment