Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's Not Me. It's You.

For better or for worse, I'm a pretty satisfied person.

Ask any of my friends and you'd be hard pressed to find even one who could recall me being in an angry or upset mood.

In fact, one of the most frequent things people have told me about my blog is that they like how I put such a positive spin on everything.

Which is not to say that I don't get annoyed sometimes, so for anyone wondering what peeves me, I dedicate this blog post to you.

And given all the flak I took last year for my restaurant peeves post, I'm keeping this one to more generic topics.

Talkers at concerts.

Why waste the money on a ticket if you're just going to talk loudly to your friends throughout the show? Some even have their back to the stage to talk and drink. Why not just stay home and listen to the CD instead of annoying those of us who actually want to hear the music? Losers.

Bikers going the wrong way on a one-way street.

Hey, I bike too, but the goal is to share the road with motorists, not flaunt the law. If we want cars to treat us respectfully, and we do, we have to play by the rules. Common goals, people.

Drivers who think warning signs don't apply to them.

On my way to Norfolk, I passed a sign warning of a vehicle on fire ahead and a right lane closure. Accordingly, I moved into the left lane. Five miles later, an identical warning sign. Still, people continued to drive the right lane, knowing full well that we were almost upon a right lane closure. The result of these drivers ignoring the sign was an enormous bottleneck that didn't have to happen. Warning signs apply to everyone, not just the drivers who choose to pay attention to them. I'm talking to you.

See, I can whine with the best of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment