Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New Restaurants for my Neighborhood

Jackson Ward
The Belvidere at Broad, located at Henry and Broad is already open starting at 5 Tuesdays through Saturdays. A friend praised the food but thought the lighting was too bright. I'm going later this week, so I'll see for myself. On the other hand, the Belvidere is 2 blocks from my house, so it's likely going to get a lot of my default business if it's any good at all.

Carver
Artistry: Food, Music and Art in the 800 block of West Broad Street, just west of Belvidere. No posted menu yet, but a place with food, music and art only 4 blocks from home can only be a good thing. I'm curious to see how big a role the food will play...and what kind of music they bring in. It could be a killer combination and help build on the momentum that started with Black Sheep.

Monroe Ward
Kenn-Tico, labeled a Cuban Bar and Grill, at Second and Grace Streets, seems to still be in the renovation stages, but a new restaurant on that partially burned-out block is cause enough for celebration. Let's face it, once the worker bees vacate, that's an easy area to park in at night and for those of us in the neighborhood, it's one more ethnic option within walking distance.

Dinner anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment