Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crispy Fried Pig's Head

Highlights from the past 24 hours:

Make all the snide comments you want about eating pig's head, but you'd be a fool to do so until you tasted it, which I did last night at Six Burner.

It was lovely: crunchy outside with an incredibly rich inside and a taste that defies being labeled as anything's head.

Thank you, Lee, for this delicious surprise, followed by all the great food talk.

Finding another extroverted Gemini to wile away a Monday evening with.

I may just have found my band bitch (her words, not mine).

Brooks Winery 2007 Pinot Noir, a perfect example of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, suggested by Tracey at Six Burner because it's the winery at which she'll be working the harvest very soon.

She and her partner leave next week for Oregon and after the harvest, the great unknown.

We said our goodbyes tonight and I will miss our weekly chats about life, love and RVA. but I am beyond excited for her.

An afternoon spent eating crabs and more crabs on a screened-in porch on the Northern Neck, with the Rappahanock River as a backdrop.

If that isn't the epitome of a lazy summer afternoon, I don't know what is.

A Tuesday evening enjoying a friend with whom I can share anything...and do.

Topics covered tonight: A/C, birthday cards and checks, absence of wooing, perfect bread, men with expressive hand gestures, Pollack, deKooning, CV joints and reading blogs.

Who misses the opposite sex with this kind of goodness going on?

Okay, in theory anyway, I do, but until that's a possibility, I am grateful for excellent conversation, vibrant pinot noir and getting to enjoy crispy friend pig's head.

You know you wish you could taste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment