Monday, August 30, 2010

No Smacking Allowed

With VCU back in session and my later walking time, it's a whole new ballgame on Grace Street, as I discovered today. Honestly, I practically had to dodge the masses while out walking this morning.

A guy approached me, pulling out his earbuds as he got closer.

Him: How many miles have you already walked?
Me: Three
Him: How many more to go?
Me: Only one! (smacking my hip for emphasis)
Him: You're keeping it tight! I would have smacked it for you, but you smacked it first.
Me: (Gulp)

Another guy, whom I didn't recognize but who clearly recognized me, gave me a big smile and said, "Looks like both our schedules have changed, huh?"

Uh...sure?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you are consistently overestimating or underestimating the male species. We are truly simple creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just gave me the best laugh of the day!

    I know what you say is true and it is absolutely a big part of your charm.

    ReplyDelete