Saturday, July 10, 2010

Greater Than the Sum of Its Parts

For the mathematically inclined (a group that would not include me), a quick tally of how I spent my summer vacation, numerically speaking anyway:

Number of guests to visit me: 7
Number of dogs that visited: 2

Number of outdoor showers taken: 14
Number of outdoor showers taken in the pouring rain: 2

Number of books read: 8
Number of live bands heard: 3
Number of meals eaten out: 10

Number of full-on lightening storms witnessed from the comfort of the porch: 2
Number of days the ocean was just too cold to go in: 2

Number of ocean views visible from my bed: 3 (2 eastern, one southern)
Number of piers visible from the back porch: 2

Number of middle of the nights spent on the porch swing staring at a black ocean and getting a little teary about life: 2
Number of times I felt happy just to wake up to the sound of the ocean: 14

But then, who's counting? It's only vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment