Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What Did You Expect in Jackson Ward?

The beagle and I were out front a little after midnight when I heard a guy from halfway down the next block talking agitatedly on his phone. Of course, I only got to hear one side of the conversation, but it wasn't hard to get the gist of it.

Him:"I can't even believe you're still there. I couldn't stand it another minute."
He listens.
Him: "Cause I didn't want to be there. Why do you?"
He listens,
Him: "I'm almost to fucking Clay and Henry!"
He listens.
Him: "You've got an exam at 8 a.m.! Who cares about those people?"
He listens.
Him: "You didn't tell me the party was going to be nothing but scenesters."
He listens.
Him: "I've never seen so many fucking piercings in my life."
He listens.
Him: "I'm almost to Belvidere now."
He listens.
Him: "Fuck you."

From the shadows, the dog and I watched Hat Boy make his way down the street and safely out of J-Ward. I don't think he'll be back anytime soon and, for that, we are thankful.

2 comments: