Friday, November 6, 2009

Guys Say the Darnedest Things, Part 2: Strangers

When I last posted on this subject, it was about guys I knew and their unbelievable utterances, here.

But here's the thing: sometimes it's strangers who provide the amusement.

To start my walk every day, I have a to cross Belvidere, no small feat since it's six lanes plus two service roads.

As I was starting to cross, I heard some guy in his car hooting and hollering like crazy.

I had no reason to think it was addressed at me, so I just kept going.

Then he yelled, "Great ass!" just as I reached the center median.

No one else was around, so I glanced back, wondering if it was perhaps directed at me.

"Not YOU!" he yelled, "YOU ain't got NO ass!"

At that second, I spied a woman on the far side of Belivdere with a most ample backside getting into her car.

Clearly, she was his intended.

Before I even had time to be insulted, though, another guy a few cars back leaned out his window and said, "Don't listen to him. You have a very fine ass, miss," and then drove on.

In the space of ten seconds, I had been put down and redeemed.

It's true, men really do say the most extraordinary things.

1 comment:

  1. It still bugs me that a woman can't walk down the street alone and not be verbally accosted by strange men who think their opinion of her anatomy has any significance. I just don't get it.




    gabake01

    ReplyDelete