Thursday, November 12, 2009

SWF ISO Rain Fan

While blogging last night, a friend messaged me to say that this weather had made him think of me. He remembered that I like rainy weather and with it pelting down outside, he said I was the first thing that came to mind. I don't even remember telling him that, but he was right. I tried to convince him that it's comforting to go to sleep hearing rain on the roof or street outside.

Unlike practically everyone, I don't hate the rain; in fact, I like rainy days, even when we have several in a row. It does make walking the dog and doing my daily four miles more challenging, but I'd have that dilemma if I lived in London or Scotland, now wouldn't I? I've got my hot pink rain jacket, my warm lined boots and three sizes of umbrella to suit the downpour. My biggest problem on days like this is flooded streets; I'm not very tall and sometimes my legs just aren't long enough to span the bigger puddles.

I've only known one other person who enjoys rainy days as much as I do, but he lives in Williamsburg, so it's not always convenient to meet up on rainy days. Which is not to say that we haven't in the past; we've walked in it, taken drives in it and chosen restaurants with front window seats to admire it as we ate. But it's been at least a couple of years since we've enjoyed those pleasures together.

I'd enjoy having another rain-loving friend, but I've got no idea how to find one. Standing on a corner under my umbrella trying to solicit one just seems wrong. I'll just keep an eye peeled during my rainy outings for someone else smiling and wet besides me.

No comments:

Post a Comment