Saturday, November 26, 2011

Clearly Not Everything

My pheromones are causing the wrong people to respond to me lately. Okay, all my life.

This is not a conclusion I came to, but rather something a friend observed tonight and pointed out to me.

I don't even notice anymore; it's just the way things are.

On an unrelated note, I turned down an invitation to see "My Fair Lady" but was vindicated when the asker said, "It's definitely gonna be geared for the blue hairs."

For the record, I am not a blue hair.

Instead, I went to Pasture for Friends and Family Night and almost immediately ran into a friend (family, fortunately, resides in other states) who was meeting friends.

The beauty of  friends is bottles, in this case, Cherrier "Les Chailloux" Vielles vines Sancerre, Gruet Blanc des Noir and J. Frisch Pinot Blanc.

Rich, festive tartness and full-bodied but not sweet, in that order.

I backed off the truffled deviled eggs tonight (no doubt my arteries thanked me) but partook of just as much fried chicken, fried oysters with slaw and "chocolate candy bar" as I had had Wednesday.

New tonight were the beef tartare and the butter bean hummus, both standouts. More, please.

The crowd changed, too, from Wednesday night as I ran into two musicians (bluegrass and shoegaze), multiple servers from other restaurants (Amuse and Roosevelt), a soon-to-be restaurateur I'd met months ago, multiple bloggers and a former boss complimenting me ("You can do everything").

It's unusual to find someone who can relate to "big family" syndrome and all that that entails. She, at least, was lucky enough to have a big brother.

It was great fun talking to so many people about so many topics while enjoying so much good food and wine.

Still, I look forward to the day when a guy who announces that I am hot, as I was told tonight, is someone from whom I want to hear it (although chances are, anyone who really interested me would never say that anyway).

Out, out damned pheromones.

2 comments:

  1. As for your being attractive, well...you BET you are! On an equal basis with your personality and brains, I'd say, and those are both on a high level indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, is it Be Nice to Karen Day and no one told me?

    ReplyDelete