Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Get Yourself a Trap Door

Out on my walk on Grace Street this morning, one of the regular VCU grounds guys said good morning and started explaining why I hadn't seen him in a while (I hadn't asked or wondered, but okay).

"It sure is cold out here," I said, changing the subject.

"Sure is," he said. "Got your long johns on?"

"No, but I've got leggings on under these," I explained. "Couldn't walk in this cold without two layers."

"Long janes, huh? Do those have a trap door like mine do?" he wondered. "Makes it awful easy."

"Uh, no," I said.

"You ought to get a pair of small men's long john's and then you'd have a trap door!" he told me, solving all my problems. Time to go, I thought.

"Maybe they come in peach!" he called to my back, chuckling. Maybe they do, but I doubt it.

Please tell me other people have these odd conversations with strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment