Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Keep It Coming

Surely it must mean that this is going to be a great day when a warm breeze comes through the window, blowing my hair and waking me up. It's an unexpected pleasure on a November morning.

It gets even better when I open my front door to get my Washington Post and discover next to it a gift: a mixtape (okay, a CD, but I will always use that term to mean a hand-selected compilation) slipped through my mail slot while I was asleep. Some guys sure know how to impress a girl first thing in the morning.

Out walking on Grace Street, a guy comes out of the VCU library annex and does a full body scan. "These college girls got nothing on you," he says, smiling like he knows me. Note to self: wearing shorts on a November morning seems to be a sure-fire way to get complimented.

This day just keeps getting better.

Love is a mixtape~ Rob Sheffield

I am not in love, but I am open to persuasion~ Joan Armatrading

No comments:

Post a Comment