Sunday, August 18, 2013

Dancing in the Dark

So it turns out the naysayers might have been right.

Only a fool thinks you can return to the scene of the crime and not find the same intersection, even if the hurt and disappointment have been paved over.

Regular readers who've gone on record as saying that they don't enjoy my posts when I'm happy and giddy can rejoice.

Optimism has left the building, replaced by regret and melancholy.

Just when I thought I was finally done with all that.

But if my disconsolate posts please you, dear reader, I don't need to know about it.

And if you're waiting for me to tell you I'm happy to give you what you wanted, that's not going to happen, either.

Sometimes we get what we deserve. And sometimes we don't.

But I wouldn't wish sadness on anyone, least of all for the sake of a poignant read.

3 comments:

  1. friend and friendship should never by associated with regret and sadness
    Most of us enjoy your happiness

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's going on? I should tell those assholes out there who have no lives what a remarkable person you are and they need to find someone else to channel their frustration through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear K,

    as you may remember i've followed you,[off & on] for a few years now...you seem pretty resilient to me. True we've never actually met but have attended the same events. Hey ..it's a small town. you've had your ups/downs. who hasn't? no pep talk here...[after all really don't know you but] my feeling is (as always) things will get better..for you, for your life. That's usually how it works. Go someplace where you find inspiration.

    cw

    ReplyDelete