Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Happy Meal

Everyone has a preference for what needs to be eaten the day after an overly indulgent evening.

Personally, I think a cheeseburger does the job better than anything else. And if I'm in need of a nice, fatty burger, one guaranteed to leave grease stains on the paper it's wrapped in, Roy's Big Burger is my default.

By the time I rolled up, the mad lunch rush was over and there were just a few people standing around waiting for their orders.  

A cute couple was smooching under the shade of the overhang and two business women were making catty remarks about a co-worker. That made for more females than I've ever seen at Roy's at one time. Maybe the male-only hours end at 2:00 or something.

Much as I love Roy's milkshakes, today was a day that this non-coffee drinker needed caffeine, so I got a Coke with my cheeseburger and fries.

I rolled my eyes when the two women's order got called out: two double cheeseburgers, large onion rings, large fries, a water and a Diet Coke. Not that it's any of my business, but I tend to judge that kind of twisted logic with bemusement.

Ready to mainline my Rx, I took the bag to the shaded place in the back parking lot to enjoy my meal while reading today's Washington Post.

Thanks, Roy's, for once again saving me from myself. There's a particular pleasure in treating one indulgence with another. 

Color me satisfied on any number of levels at this moment...and not just about getting my Roy's fix.

2 comments:

  1. Where is roy's!!??!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over on Lakeside Avenue just down the hill from the I-95 exit.

    Yum!

    Antonia, corroboration?

    ReplyDelete