Monday, May 30, 2011

Hold the Catsup and Mustard

It's so hot I couldn't eat a traditional burger on Memorial Day.

A group of us went to celebrate a friend's birthday (I'm beginning to think I only know Geminis) at Carytown Burger and Fries outdoors under the awning.

And, sadly, I couldn't bear the thought of a burger, despite my love of same. Hell, cheeseburgers were my birthday dinner of choice the entire time I was growing up when we got to choose our birthday dinners.

But I couldn't do it. I wimped out and got a salad, granted one with an abundance of bacon, avocado and blue cheese, but one that was mostly iceburg lettuce, tomatoes and baby spinach. Plant matter I could handle.

To make my self feel better about it, I had a bite of the birthday boy's cheeseburger, which merely confirmed what I already knew. It was too hot for eating flesh today, for me anyway.

Nearby, a certain local skull artist happily ate his. My friends ate theirs. The exotic looking family behind us ate theirs.

Note to self: adjust to summer's sudden arrival quickly. Life without cheeseburgers is not really living.

You can quote me on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment