Friday, January 29, 2010

It's All About Your Snow Attitude

Snow is many things in RVA, beautiful, frustrating, calming, a novelty.

So why is it some people get their panties in a wad just knowing it's coming?

It's not like we can change that, so the wise thing seems to be to accept and make the best of the situation.

A good friend told me her live-in boyfriend is a snow curmudgeon, much to her regret. I couldn't agree more.

If you have someone under the same roof with whom to enjoy the weather, you want them to be at least as into it as you are, whether that means being out in it or happily together inside.

I'm lucky to have people in my life who, while not under the same roof as me, have the right attitude about snow behavior.

A fellow city-dweller with a snow-worthy vehicle already e-mailed me with a challenge for a snow day.

"I am free this Saturday until 4 p.m. Do you have the huevos to pick up the gauntlet? Well, do you?"

Don't challenge me, mister.

I will be certainly be needing some Saturday fun, so I threw some suggestions back at him for the day.

I will wear his snowy ass out with inside and outdoor activities by 4 and he can just go to work beat and happy. So there.

Another friend had a more long-term suggestion for what to do in the snow.

He called it "wishful thinking" but the message was pretty simple. "I think you should come here and get snowed in with me."

I know I'm lucky to have friends who can see the fun potential in a snow day or two rather than focusing on the extra trouble shoveling, parking and getting around.

And with tomorrow night also being a full moon, I'm expecting great and wonderful things to happen, or maybe just be talked about as part of my winter wonderland weekend.

We'll call that my snow optimism.

No comments:

Post a Comment