Thursday, June 18, 2009

All By Myself

After so much good live music last week, I've been in withdrawal this week (Tuesday's show at Gallery 5 did not do it for me, although I was happy to help support the worthy cause of Ugandan children). So tonight I will head to Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden to hear the Cowboy Junkies, albeit wishing I had some friends to share the show with.

I do love Margo Timmons' voice and I have always wanted to hear them do "Oregon Hill" live, so I'm hoping an evening of live music will provide the perfect musical distraction. Given that the band has been making music for over 20 years, I'm expecting an older crowd. It would be great if something wonderful and unexpected happens, but at the very least it'll be a beautiful voice and live music and for me, that's always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment