Saturday, July 25, 2009

Neko Case Redux

Didn't I just post about seeing Neko Case a few months ago?

Well, yes I did, but that didn't stop me from heading to Norfolk last evening to see her for the second time in less than four months.

Actually, what's more amazing than wanting to hear that voice again is that I was willing to make one of my least favorite drives...east on 64.

Hate the road, hate the traffic, hate the lack of view.

But it was all worth it when she took the stage at the Norva and graced us with that unique voice of hers.

As someone once said to me, "Oh, come on, no one else sounds like that!"

Even after being shocked by her microphone ("This thing shocked the shit out of me," she said, "and burnt the inside of my mouth."), she continued without missing a beat.

Surprisingly (or maybe not for Norfolk) the show was nothing like sold out.

In fact, there were even bar tables and stools set up at the back of the floor (as I had seen once before for Pete Yorn there) because there was enough room to do so.

After the sold-out show at The National, it was kind of nice to hear Neko without being shoulder to shoulder with the masses.

Actually, it's kind of nice to hear Neko Case anytime...anywhere.

Even if driving back at 1:30 a.m. gets a little lonely.

Ah, well. It gave me time to dream of better days...

No comments:

Post a Comment