Friday, March 15, 2013

Moving On

Could it be that I'm a jinx?

I saw "Thunder Road," part of the Southern Film Fest, at Cous Cous last month.

On Valentine's Day, I fainted at Cous Cous and missed the rest of the black Valentine's show.

Last night, I was at Cous Cous having dinner, enjoying lit saganaki, lamb tagine, wilted spinach with pine nuts, apples and currants and Israeli cous cous.

That's three times in barely over a month when I don't usually go to Cous Cous more than three times a year.

Today they announced that March 30th will be the end for Cous Cous after seven years.

No more Black Valentine's days. No more flaming cheese. No more late night shows in the awkwardest of spaces. No more thrillbilly cocktails for breakfast.

It was a good run, Cous Cous.

Maybe if I'd spaced out my annual three visits over the whole year and not a month, they wouldn't be shutting the doors.

Or maybe it was just time.

Thanks for the memories, Cous Cous.

No comments:

Post a Comment