Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Musings

It's true, I have yet to find a job, but not for lack of looking and applying. I refuse to get discouraged, especially since my life is good. My Monday (the dreaded first day of the work week for most) wasn't significant for any particular reason, but a collection of small pleasures and accomplishments made it a lovely day for me.

I enjoyed an afternoon of back and forth e-mails with my friend Jameson who just arrived in Buenos Aries to work on a community farm. We covered silent film, music, religion, marriage, farming and him coming back to the VA at the end of the year. I can't wait.

Finally made it back to Dollar Burger Night at Capital Ale House (and, no, I don't drink beer) where it was madness because they were having a Dogfish Ale Beer Dinner in addition to the unwashed masses, like me, showing up for dollar burgers. I'll bet it wasn't pretty back in the kitchen, although that staff definitely earned their shift beers tonight.

I enjoyed a long walk in a light rain with my new-to-me used umbrella from Diversity Thrift. And while I appreciate the convenience of the small collapsible umbrellas (I have several), there is nothing like a large, wooden-handled umbrella with a great pattern on a rainy day. It's like being in your own little world.

So, another day unemployed, but another day thoroughly enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment