I'm just documenting my reality for posterity. Think Anne Frank's middle-aged diary.
A. Rode shotgun in a Subaru with a broken seatbelt alongside a peddler of intoxicants as he earned a living.
1. Repeated tastings of Bold Rock citrus cider
2. Too much lunch at Joe's Inn
3. Lots of music talk, mainly around new versus old
4. Pegged for a non-beer drinker by a complete stranger
A. After a day in cars and bars, a 68-degree afternoon beckoned and I followed the sun to the river
B. Coming back from the T Pot, met two guys with a drone, excitedly setting out to take their first river photos.
1. In the churning river, they saw a muddy mess. I saw a roiling root beer float
2. So much more debris, even than yesterday, being tossed around in the water
A. Cinema for Cinephiles screening of Orson Welles' "The Lady from Shanghai" at the Byrd
1. First time seeing it since actually being in San Francisco
2. Unlike studio heads, loved Rita Hayworth's hair cut short and dyed platinum. So. Euro-looking
B. Welles' well-written humor throughout
1. "Personally, I don't like a girlfriend to have a husband."
2. Her: "Now he knows about us." Him: "I wish I did."
3. "The only way to stay out of trouble is to grow old, so I guess I'll concentrate on that."
A. Became the final two customers at 821 Cafe on $3 margarita night for post-film discussion
1. Black bean nachos, espresso chocolate cake
2. Conclusion: Welles wasn't fond of women and racial stereotyping is SOP
3. Music the typical 821 thrash, but skewing slightly sludge metal
B. Made another convert to my favorite black bean nachos
C. Musical conclusion: Babs beat Madge to the reinvention/control freak punch
V. Processing the new normal aka reading the daily news
A. Rogue accounts created by concerned employees to prevent dissemination of alternative facts by this madman-in-chief
1. National Park Service
B. The Powers That Lie sign an executive order aimed at reviving the Dakota pipeline
The only way to stay sane is to tell the truth about what's happening, so I guess I'll concentrate on that.