Friday, October 4, 2013

Put a Blue Ribbon on My Brain

Paul started it, by choosing Robert Ellsworth Pollard, Jr.

Then Christina jumped in, choosing the Beach Boys.

"Make other people do it!" Paul instructed her.

I always copy Christina, so I was next.

My choice was The National and my answers were as follows:

Choose a singer/band/group, answer using ONLY titles of songs by that singer/band/group

1. Are you male or female? "Brainy"

2. Describe yourself: “Karen”

3. How do people feel when they're around you? “Friend of Mine”

4. How would you describe your previous relationship? “Apartment Story”

5. Describe your current relationship: “Baby, We'll Be Fine"

6. Where would you want to be now? “Lemonworld”

7. How do you feel about love? “Lit Up”

8. What's your life like? "All the Wine"

9.What would you ask for if you had only one wish? “Sea of Love”

10. Say something wise: “Don't Swallow the Cap”

Christina said describing myself as Karen was a cop-out, although I love the fact that The National has a song named "Karen."

But she's not taking Karen for an answer.

"I looked up their songs to find a better name for you. "Heavenfaced," she suggests

Too generous, I know.

That was about the time Paul suggested we get a room, Christina and I.

11. Why Paul? Did you want a "Slow Show"?

6 comments:

  1. I didn't actually start that "mess." Someone tagged me with it on facebook like 4 years ago. I just ran across it this morning. I have no need for a show of any speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of a prickly answer, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If by "prickly," you mean "contrary, yet calmly factual," ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly what I meant!

    I also wanted to say thanks for posting the challenge because it was fun and provided loads of conversation for Christina and I at dinner last night. And before you ask, yes, there was swine involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey- I've consumed a fair amount of swine myself in the past few months- just not in the swank bistros you have. Where'd you guys go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, we sure had a fun time talking about music and our funny answers. Thanks P. And thanks K for being a fun dinner date (as usual.)

    Christina

    ReplyDelete