Sunday, June 3, 2012

Walking on Air

There's something in the air.

As my friend Dave put it around 3 a.m. this morning, "This air tonight is absolutely extraordinary."

It is.

I saw it first hand on my walk down Grace Street, where a man surprised me by saying, "You are incredibly beautiful to me."

Thanking him, he went on. "You have a beautiful walk. Don't ever change that walk!"

Maybe I walk differently in this air.

Coming back towards VCU, a guy came running out of his house at top speed, a silly grin on his face.

From the second story of the house, a female voice sing-songed down to him, "Bye!"

Twirling mid-stride, he jogged backward in place as he called up to the disembodied voice, "I love you!" before righting his direction and tearing around the corner.

So love is in the air, too.

Amen, Dave. Absolutely extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment