Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Have Yourself a Grungey Little Christmas

It's going to be a Weiland Winter Wonderland and it makes me shudder a little to even think about it.

That's right, I'm talking Scott Weiland, the former lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver and the man who once checked into a hotel with Courtney Love and spent two months shooting up.

The man with a penchant for crack and heroin has gone all jingle bells on us and I want to gag.

As in he's touring behind his new holiday album, "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year."

Seriously?

"It'll be a rare treat to see one of rock's greatest frontmen spreading cheer in an intimate setting," claims the e-mail notifying me of tickets going on sale.

I fear that it is a statement of our time that record execs even think there's anyone out there who wants to hear him croon "I'll Be Home for Christmas," much less perform a cheery holiday show.

Maybe with Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley dead, they figured this was the only way to give the kids a grunge Christmas.

Pardon my cynicism, but I think this is hysterical.

No comments:

Post a Comment