Friday, October 1, 2010

Burgers Under a Blue Sky

(With apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning)

Carytown Burgers how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My mouth and soul can reach

I love your large, misshapen patties
Encased in a soft over sized bun
I love the oozing ketchup and mustard
Yellow as the mid-day sun

I love your thick cut fries
Salted and seasoned and hot
I inhale your enormous milkshakes
Even though I know I should not.

But what I love best is that tiny little patio area back by the a/c units. Not the plastic-encased "patio," where most people sit, but the back two-table gravel-floored rectangle where the sky is the ceiling and today it was so beautifully blue that it alone could make a person feel like anything was possible.

And maybe it is...once I stop feeling quite this full.

No comments:

Post a Comment