Monday, October 19, 2009

"Wish You Were Here"

That's all the postcard says on the back, besides my name and address, of course.

The front of the postcard is a Picasso drawing of a nude woman lying belly-down on a bed, face turned toward the viewer; a man sits on the edge of the bed, one hand on her curvy bottom. Three flowers in a vase fill the lower right corner.

Only the woman's skin and the flowers contain any color, the rest is pure line, as Picasso did so well. The postmark is Barcelona, naturally.

Whilst unemployed, my love for travel has had to be curtailed considerably (but not completely).

Fortunately, good friends remember me on their travels with postcards, so, at present, there are five recently received postcards from hither and yon adorning my kitchen, all with that lovely sentiment, "Wish you were here" scrawled on them in various hands.

Wish I was there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment