Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Do Know Loud

My first concert was the Who.

My virgin ears didn't know what hit them.

When I saw Kings of Leon in Chicago two years ago, my ears rang for 2 straight days and nights.

I saw local band Stink Eyes perform inside ADA Gallery and it was so loud across the street that I was told people were complaining about it there.

They can all bow down at the sonic altar of My Bloody Valentine.

I think my ears may actually be bleeding...despite the earplugs I (and most of the audience) had in.

 This audience came for the noise and MBV delivered.

And they came from all over the East Coast since this was the band's only mid-Atlantic show.

I saw people I never see at shows tonight.

And everyone of us had brightly colored earplugs inserted deep in our ears so as to have some trace of hearing left tomorrow.

But we can also say we saw MBV and that alone is worth the price of any hearing loss.

But it might be a good idea to talk really loudly  if you see me anytime soon.


2 comments:

  1. I love the phrase, "Sonic Altar." So awesome.

    -Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love readers who actually go back through my archives.
    Glad I could please you with my phrasing.

    ReplyDelete